Baja Gray Whale Adventure
March 2-6, 2018
Join Mary J. Getten, telepathic animal communicator, for an up close and intimate encounter with gray whales in Baja California, Mexico – the only place in the world to observe gray whales calving and where friendly whales come up to boats and sometimes allow you to touch them.
We will be staying at the Rocky Point Camp situated on a low bluff overlooking the observation area where all the action is, and you can view these gentle giants 24 hours a day. Permitted by the Mexican government, this “safari style” shore camp lies adjacent to the largest concentration of whales in San Ignacio Lagoon. From your tent door you can watch the whales who have traveled over 5,000 miles from the frigid waters of the Bering Sea to the warm waters of this desert lagoon to mate and calve. At night you will drift off to sleep amid the whales’ blows.
In camp, you’ll enjoy roomy sleeping tents and comfortable cots, underground marine septic system bathroom facilities and solar showers. All meals, which include plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and seafood, are served from inside a large dining and activity tent.
Enjoy the whale’s mysterious spy-hops and majestic breaches from shore, or venture out among them with naturalist guided excursions in the comfort of sturdy 22 ft. Mexican fishing pangas, piloted by experienced local boatmen. When not on the water, you will see spy-hopping, breaching and basking whales right outside your tent door! In addition to whale-watching, this fragile and very special ecosystem offers many other sights and sounds… unspoiled shell-strewn beaches, waterfowl-rich estuaries, fossil-laden shores, spectacular bird watching and night skies filled with stars.
Mary will lead you on journeys to meet these incredible beings at a very deep level. Daily sessions will allow you to learn from the whales themselves and to be totally immersed in their world on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels.
This all inclusive package includes all transportation from San Diego, CA to the camp and back, lodging and all meals in Mexico, trips on the water with the whales, naturalist programs and whale communication with Mary. Reserve your spot early, group size is limited to 23 fun enthusiastic participants. There is no other trip like this!!
- All Mexican taxes and fees
- Bus transfer between San Diego and Tijuana
- Round-trip charter air between Tijuana and San Ignacio
- All Baja ground transportation and transfers
- All boating excursions
- Four nights accommodations at our tented Whale Camp
- All meals at Whale Camp-11
- Lunches enroute
- Experienced Baja hosts and guides
- Small groups to assure personalized experience
Features not Included:
- Tips for camp staff
- Personal items
- Trip Insurance
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel costs $150 (approx) per night, for a single or double occupancy, for night before trip leaves and the day we get back, if you decide to stay over
- Day 1: SAN DIEGO-SAN IGNACIO – We will meet at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel in San Diego’s Old Town for a 9am departure. We will travel across the U.S.-Mexico border in a comfortable motor coach to the Tijuana Airport. Our private charter flight will depart at about 1pm and arrive in San Ignacio Lagoon in Baja California, Mexico, mid to late afternoon. We then board boats for the 20-minute ride to the base camp on Rocky Point. After settling in, enjoy watching the whales from shore, followed by our first camp dinner, and hopefully one of those perfect lagoon sunsets.
- Days 2, 3, & 4: WHALE-WATCHING CAMP – You have now joined the gray whales at their winter calving and mating grounds. Twice each day our boats await, just steps from our camp, to take you out among the whales, which are often just offshore. We may be lucky and interact with some friendly whales. We’ll explore the various and unique lagoon ecosystems… a striking stage for the spectacle of whale-watching. While on the point, walk the shoreline and beaches… tidepool… photograph the birdlife… or just sit back and absorb the ancient unbroken rhythms of the lagoon and its splendid wildlife. Mary will help you connect with the whales on an intimate level. On this trip you will feel, hear, touch, speak and listen to the largest mammal on planet earth! Whales are marvelous teachers. You are learning from the best!
After watching the sunsets fill the lagoon with colors… enjoy good food, camp comforts, and amiable conversation. Natural history discussions and programs, led by a naturalist, are also a part of each day. Starry nights invite sleep to the sound of whales… a sound you’ll never forget.
- Day 5: WHALE-WATCHING CAMP – SAN DIEGO – After a hearty camp breakfast and a final farewell to the whales, we’ll board the boats and travel back to the inner lagoon. We’ll enjoy lunch on the charter flight to Tijuana and then transfer across the border by bus, returning to the hotel late afternoon.
TO REGISTER – Mail a deposit check or money order for $500 to
PO Box 152527
San Diego, CA 92195
Be sure to include your phone number and email address and state that you are registering for the Mary Getten trip on March 2-6, 2018.
The camp is handling the registration and after they receive your deposit, they will email you the paperwork and a wonderful brochure. If you have any questions or would like the wire transfer instructions, email Angie at email@example.com or call 619-328-9678. Baja Discovery does not accept credit cards. The balance will be due 60 days before the trip.
Feel free to call me with any questions!
This will be my 7th trip to the lagoon and they were all SO fantastic! We had friendly whales every day that opened our hearts and minds on a very deep level. I’m thrilled to be planning the details for the 2018 trip!